Displaying items by tag: walking
If you’re looking for a physically challenging trek, then why not join us for our scenic trek along the Jurassic coast on Saturday 13 June.
The Jurassic Coast is England’s first Natural World Heritage Site and makes for a stunning trek. The event is based out of the lovely seaside town of Swanage where you will experience some of the most breath-taking scenery the south coast has to offer before passing the iconic Corfe Castle whose first stone was laid over 1,000 years ago. This event will not disappoint.
You’ll be required to train and complete this 26 mile challenge as a team of two or more. Most people take part with friends or colleages at work, but if you'd like to complete this trek as an individual, please call us on 020 7091 6111 - don't worry, you can still take part!
How to register:
Or, if you'd like more informatoin before signing up, please fill in the form below:
We ask each team to raise the equivalent of £250 per person, which will support CARE’s work with the world’s poorest people.
Support you’ll receive:
Once you sign up:
Dedicated contact for your team providing,
- Regular fundraising ideas and tailored support from start to finish
- Logistics support and suggestions covering accommodation, transport and timings
- Event information – Route descriptions and kit lists.
On the event:
- Event, safety and communications briefings before the event
- Two way VHF radio communication
- Support staff, mountain marshals and medics at designated points
- A CARE Technical t-shirt
- Post event celebration – a celebratory meal and prize giving on the Saturday night
Not only will you challenge yourself, you'll challenge poverty. Read more about CARE's work, your support makes it all possible.
This is a new event, but we have lots of photos from previous events so you can see what you might expect on a CARE event!
Over 200 people congregated in Windsor on Saturday to ‘walk all over poverty’ for CARE. The event, now in its second year, is set to raise over £30,000.
We are a fundraising team of CARE International, one of the top three aid agencies worldwide.
- With over 17 years' events experience, we are the UK market leaders in organising and running mountain-based and multi-activity events
- The money you fundraise is used towards fighting poverty in 87 countries helping 82 million people each year
- As a dedicated in-house team, our priority is to be as cost-effective and professional as possible. That means you can enjoy the physical challenge of our events in the knowledge that your money is going exactly where it is needed most - to our development programmes.
- So far, more than 1,600 companies and a total of over 16,000 participants have taken part in our events
- We are always on hand to give you tailored training and fundraising support
- We CARE about the environment and donate 2% of the income raised to relevant projects including footpath restoration and offsetting fuel emissions
- Our experienced in-house qualified mountain staff make sure you feel safe every step of the way
- We believe the perfect event to be physically challenging with plenty of team spirit - and all in a good cause!