Displaying items by tag: fundraising
Could you to live below the poverty line for one week
so that others can rise above it?
By getting sponsored to live below the line you won’t just be setting yourself an amazing personal challenge, you'll also get a glimse into the reality that 1.2 billion people around the world face every day; surviving on just £1 a day - the equivalent of the extreme poverty line.
The challenge we're setting you is:
- To buy ALL the food and drink you need for 5 days with just £5 (£1 a day)
- Rasie awareness - share your experince with friends and family and spread the word about the lack of opportunity faced by people living in extreme poverty
- Rasie money - to help people in the poorest countries to find a way out of poverty for good
We will provide you with lots of support throughout the campaign and give you great ideas and recipes to complete the Live Below the Line challenge. You have the power to change lives.
Registrations for Live Below The Line will be open in March, please complete the form below to let us know you're interested and we will send you an email as soon as the challenge is open so you can find out more information and get started:
Why not get your friends and family involved - don't just ask them to sponsor you, ask them to sign up as well! It's more fun doing it with friends and more people raising money and awareness will have a greater impact.
We are a fundraising team of CARE International, one of the top three aid agencies worldwide.
- With over 17 years' events experience, we are the UK market leaders in organising and running mountain-based and multi-activity events
- The money you fundraise is used towards fighting poverty in 87 countries helping 82 million people each year
- As a dedicated in-house team, our priority is to be as cost-effective and professional as possible. That means you can enjoy the physical challenge of our events in the knowledge that your money is going exactly where it is needed most - to our development programmes.
- So far, more than 1,600 companies and a total of over 16,000 participants have taken part in our events
- We are always on hand to give you tailored training and fundraising support
- We CARE about the environment and donate 2% of the income raised to relevant projects including footpath restoration and offsetting fuel emissions
- Our experienced in-house qualified mountain staff make sure you feel safe every step of the way
- We believe the perfect event to be physically challenging with plenty of team spirit - and all in a good cause!