Funds raised support CARE International, an aid and development agency.
- In the last year, we worked in 84 countries, supporting 1015 poverty-fighting projects that reached more than 122 million people.
- CARE has staying power. Our mission is to create lasting and long-term change in the poorest communities. This often means instigating radical changes to the wider systems of government or business that keep people trapped in poverty from one generation to the next.
- CARE has 60 years' experience. All our programmes are grounded in an extraordinarily in-depth understanding of poverty and practical experience of how best to tackle it.
- CARE has an unparalleled track record of working with communities to help them find sustainable ways of making a living. For example, we support more than 800,000 people in 39 countries to set up small business activities by giving small loans or running village savings projects.
- CARE puts money where it is needed. 91% of our income goes directly to our overseas programmes work.
- CARE is always among the first to respond when disaster strikes. We make sure the aid gets to precisely where it is needed most. As we've often been working in countries for many years, we are well-placed to do this. We remain with communities to help them rebuild their lives long after the cameras have gone.
- CARE places great emphasis on local presence. Over 90% of our staff are employed locally to ensure that we are really responding to local cultures.